- Good Samaritan Laws & Legal Protection for AED Users
- AED Owner Civil Liability Immunity Protection
Setting up and maintaining international, national and even any smaller multiple location AED programs can be complicated. The consequences of ill-managed AED programs are often unrecognized until an actual AED event or sudden death occurs, typically when a cardiac arrest victim dies unnecessarily and a lawsuit is filed.
Think Safe's comprehensive professional consulting services and products or solutions enable you to proactively mitigate this legal liability risk from your AED program. Services provided include program implementation and AED deployment to policy recommendations and development, AED owner state civil liability immunity law compliance verification, AED program communication recommendations and tools, and AED maintenance checklists, AED training, AED tracking software tools and servicing applications. Think Safe products and services are tailored to meet your organization's needs and simplify your AED program management.
All products and services offered offer legal protection for AED owners and AED users. All states and even some local jurisdictions have certain requirements for both parties. Think Safe has an extensive database of compliance requirements for both parties and can provide support services and products for any multiple location organization's needs.
AED owners & AED users can benefit from the legal protection offered by Think Safe's products and services that include:
- AED Program Design & Creation: Assess the impact of any local or state laws on your organization's locations and get the experts opinions on what your AED program design and location requirements are per site. AED program design includes placement assistance and recommendations for AED deployments. This is a key part of building your organization's budget and assessing the long term cost impact to your organization. Any AED program client also receives complimentary AED prescriptions from Think Safe in order to meet FDA AED purchase compliance requirements.
- Emergency Response Program (ERP) Assistance & Documentation: Apply real world efficient response techniques and procedures using the tools, products and solutions that are part of the Think Safe AED program recommendations and services. Risk free AED programs require proper integration with the organization's overall ERP and emergency response procedures or first aid program. Go beyond legal consultation with Think Safe's practical emergency response program and procedure recommendations and tools to ensure your facility has a best practice AED program that ensures quick response for victims by AED users/responders and effective long term maintenance of the AED program. ERP assistance includes EMS agency interactions and notice of AED locations or any other registration and notification requirements as well as ensuring proper 911 signage and Emergency Number notification documents/postings are completed or in use at all locations.
- AED Program & ERP Audits - Gain from an expert analysis on your AED program, including: AED response or Emergency Response Program (ERP) operational flow, rescuer & equipment response time, personnel involvement and accountability, record keeping process, written policy and procedure compliance, documentation compliance, legal compliance and risk exposure.
- AED Program Training & Communication - Ensure that both executives and staff have a concise and definitive understanding of how to use the AED and perform CPR but also of your organization's AED program operations and compliance requirements. Allow the First Voice Training network to provide your organization a wide variety of best practice yet OSHA and state compliant training solutions including trackable refresher or certified training options.
- AED Program Maintenance, Servicing & Asset Tracking - Utilize technology to ensure AED programs are in compliance with maintenance requirements. Servicing solutions include software tools that have built-in contingency backup and redundancy planning for any AED program archives to in-person servicing options.
- AED Program Policy & Template Development - Improve operational effectiveness and compliance with customizable templates, communication tools, and written policies that document every aspect of your AED program and are easy to follow, implement and use regularly.
- AED Program Reviews - Receive an annual objective, comprehensive review of your AED program processes and policies to ensure you are meeting the standard of care and minimizing risk exposure.
- AED Use & Post-Event Support Reviews - Receive confidential post-event incident servicing support, EMS notifications and information sharing, and incident debriefings to include risk reviews and lessons learned recaps after each AED use event at any AED program location.
- Consulting & Technical Support - Technical experts are on staff and available to provide timely advice on AED program standards, medical oversight and review, legal requirements ongoing advice or updates, and optimal risk management strategies. Consulting includes AED program integration with total enterprise compliance management systems for OSHA or other industry regulations that can be utilized by human resources, facilities, educational support and training or safety personnel.
- AED Program Support Services - Secure expert support for your AED program at any stage of implementation or maintenance and upkeep at your facilities or deployment locations. AED programs receive state-of-the-art software tools that are archived and backed up with built-in reporting mechanisms to communicate the efficiency and compliance within the AED program.